[gpfsug-discuss] SMB access speed

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 26 22:09:18 BST 2016

Hi,

We've had some reports from some of our users that out CES SMB exports are slow to access.

It appears that this is only when the client is a Linux system and using SMB to access the file-system. In fact if we dual boot the same box, we can get sensible speeds out of it (I.e. Not network problems to the client system).

They also report that access to real Windows based file-servers works at sensible speeds. Maybe the Win file servers support SMB1, but has anyone else seen this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Simon