[gpfsug-discuss] Executing Callbacks on other Nodes

Roland Pabel dr.roland.pabel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:03:34 BST 2016

Hi everyone,

we are using GPFS 4.1.0.8 with 4 servers and 850 clients. Our GPFS setup is
fairly new, we are still in the testing phase. A few days ago, we had some
problems in the cluster which seemed to have started with deadlocks on a small
number of nodes. To be better prepared for this scenario, I would like to
install a callback for Event deadlockDetected. But this is a local event and
the callback is executed on the client nodes, from which I cannot even send an
email.

Is it possible using mm-commands to instead delegate the callback to the
servers (Nodeclass nsdNodes)?

I guess it would be possible to use a callback of the form "ssh nsd0
/root/bin/deadlock-callback.sh", but then it is contingent upon server nsd0
being available. The mm-command style "-N nsdNodes" would more reliable in my
opinion, because it would be run on all servers. On the servers, I can then
check to actually only execute the script on the cluster manager.

Thanks

Roland
--
Dr. Roland Pabel
Regionales Rechenzentrum der Universität zu Köln (RRZK)

Tel.: +49 (221) 470-89589
E-Mail: pabel at uni-koeln.de