[gpfsug-discuss] Automatic Inode Expansion for Independent Filesets

Barry Evans bevans at pixitmedia.com
Mon Sep 21 12:06:45 BST 2015

Hi Luke,

It does indeed expand automatically. It's a good idea to get quotas and
callbacks in place for this or something to parse the semi regular
polling of the allocated inodes as it has a tendency to sneak up on you
and run out of space!

Cheers,
Barry

On 21/09/2015 09:23, Luke Raimbach wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Do independent filesets automatically expand the number of preallocated inodes as needed up to the maximum as the root fileset does?
>
> Cheers,
> Luke.
>
> Luke Raimbach​
> Senior HPC Data and Storage Systems Engineer,
> The Francis Crick Institute,
> Gibbs Building,
> 215 Euston Road,
> London NW1 2BE.
>
> E: luke.raimbach at crick.ac.uk
> W: www.crick.ac.uk
>
> The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.

Barry Evans
Technical Director & Co-Founder
Pixit Media
Mobile: +44 (0)7950 666 248
http://www.pixitmedia.com

--

This email is confidential in that it is intended for the exclusive
attention of the addressee(s) indicated. If you are not the intended