[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS UG Meeting at SC15 - Preliminary agenda

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Tue Sep 15 18:16:00 BST 2015

Here is the preliminary agenda for the user group meeting at SC15. We realize that the timing isn’t perfect for everyone. Hopefully all of you in attendance at SC15 can participate in some or all of these sessions. I’m sure we will all find time to get together outside of this to discuss topics. Thanks to IBM for helping to organize this.

We are soliciting user presentations! (20 mins each) Talk about how you are using GPFS, challenges, etc.
Please drop a note to: <usa-principal-gpfsug.org, usa-co-principal at gpfsug.org> with submission or suggestions for topics.

If you have comments on the agenda, let us know ASAP as time is short!

— Proposed Agenda —

Sunday 11/15 - Location TBD

1:00 - 1:15      Introductions, Logistics, GPFS-UG Overview
1:15 - 2:15      File, Object, HDF & a GUI! : the latest on IBM Spectrum Scale
2:15 - 2:30      Lightning Demo of Spectrum Control with invitation for free trial & more discussions during reception
2:30 - 2:45      Break
2:45 - 3:45      User Presentation(s):
                       User #1 Nuance ? (20 mins)
                       User #2 (20 mins)
                       User #3 (20 mins)
3:45 – 4:00     ESS Performance testing at the new open Ennovar lab at Wichita State University
4:00 – 4:15     Break
4:15 - 5:30      Panel  Discussion: "My favorite tool for managing Spectrum Scale is..."
                       Panel: Nuance, DESY, +? +?
5:30 – ?          Reception

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance Communications