[gpfsug-discuss] Using HAWC (write cache)

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 3 19:52:35 BST 2015

Just to follow up, I've been sent an efix today which hopefully will resolve this (and also the other LROC bugs), so I'm guessing this fix will make it out generally in 4.1.1-02

Will be testing the fix out over the next few days.

Simon

From: Dean Hildebrand <dhildeb at us.ibm.com<mailto:dhildeb at us.ibm.com>>
Date: Thursday, 27 August 2015 20:24
To: gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at gpfsug.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss at gpfsug.org>>
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Using HAWC (write cache)

Hi Simon,

This appears to be a mistake, as using clients for the System.log pool should not require a server license (should be similar to lroc).... thanks for opening the PMR...
Dean Hildebrand
IBM Almaden Research Center

[Inactive hide details for "Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services)" ---08/27/2015 12:42:47 AM---Hi Dean, Thanks. I wa]"Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services)" ---08/27/2015 12:42:47 AM---Hi Dean, Thanks. I wasn't sure if the system.log disks on clients in the remote cluster would be "va