[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale 4.2 - upgrade and ongoing PTFs

Bryan Banister bbanister at jumptrading.com
Wed Oct 28 13:15:30 GMT 2015

IBM has stated that there will no longer be PTF releases for 4.1.0, and that 4.1.0-8 is the last PTF release.  Thus you’ll have to choose between upgrading to 4.1.1 (which has the latest GPFS Protocols feature, hence the numbering change), or wait and go with the 4.2 release.

I heard rumor from somebody at IBM (honestly can’t remember who) that the first 3 releases of any major release has some additional debugging turned up, which is turned off after on the fourth PTF release and those going forward.  Does anybody at IBM want to confirm or deny this rumor?

I’m also leery of going with the first major release of GPFS (or any software, like RHEL 7.0 for instance).

Thanks,
-Bryan