[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale 4.2 - upgrade and ongoing PTFs

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Oct 28 13:09:52 GMT 2015

All,

What about the 4.1.0-x stream?  We’re on 4.1.0-8 and will soon be applying an efix to it to take care of the snapshot deletion and “quotas are wrong” bugs.  We’ve also go no immediate plans to go to either 4.1.1-x or 4.2 until they’ve had a chance to … mature.

It’s not that big of a deal - I don’t mind running on the efix for a while.  Just curious.  Thanks…

Kevin

On Oct 28, 2015, at 7:47 AM, Steve Duersch <duersch at us.ibm.com<mailto:duersch at us.ibm.com>> wrote:

>>Is the plan to ?encourage? the upgrade to 4.2, meaning if you want fixes and are at 4.1.1-x, you move to 4.2, or will IBM continue to PTF the 4.1.1 stream for the foreseeable future?

IBM will continue to create PTFs for the 4.1.1 stream.

Steve Duersch
Spectrum Scale (GPFS) FVTest
IBM Poughkeepsie, New York

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633