[gpfsug-discuss] Spectrum Scale 4.2 - upgrade and ongoing PTFs

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Wed Oct 28 13:06:56 GMT 2015

Hi Steve

Thanks – that’s puzzling (surprising?) given that 4.1.1 hasn’t really been out that long. (less than 6 months)  I’m in a position of deciding of what my upgrade path and timeline should be. If I’m at 4.1.0.X and want to upgrade all my clusters, the “safer” bet is probably 4.1.1-X. but all the new features are going to end up on the 4.2.X.

If 4.2 is going to GA in November, perhaps it’s better to wait for the first 4.2 PTF package.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance Communications
507-269-0413