[gpfsug-discuss] ILM and Backup Question

Kallback-Rose, Kristy A kallbac at iu.edu
Mon Oct 26 02:38:52 GMT 2015

Simon wrote recently in the GPFS UG Blog: "We also got into discussion on backup and ILM, and I think its amazing how everyone does these things in their own slightly different way. I think this might be an interesting area for discussion over on the group mailing list. There's a lot of options and different ways to do things!”

Yes, please! I’m *very* interested in what others are doing.

We (IU) are currently doing a POC with GHI for DR backups (GHI=GPFS HPSS Integration—we have had HPSS for a very long time), but I’m interested what others are doing with either ILM or other methods to brew their own backup solutions, how much they are backing up and with what regularity, what resources it takes, etc.

If you have anything going on at your site that’s relevant, can you please share?

Thanks,
Kristy

Kristy Kallback-Rose
Manager, Research Storage