[gpfsug-discuss] Announce: You can now file PUBLIC enhancement requests for Scale

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Sun Nov 15 00:55:56 GMT 2015

Great news Carl – thanks for you help in getting this in place.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Storage Engineer, Nuance Communications

From: <gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org>> on behalf of Carl Zetie <carlz at us.ibm.com<mailto:carlz at us.ibm.com>>
Date: Friday, November 13, 2015 at 7:33 AM
To: "gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>" <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org<mailto:gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>>
Subject: [gpfsug-discuss] Announce: You can now file PUBLIC enhancement requests for Scale

In the past, RFEs were private, which was great for business-sensitive requests, but meant that other people couldn't effectively vote on them; and requests would often be duplicated because people couldn't see the detail of existing requests.

So now we have TWO ways to submit a request. When you go to the RFE page on developerworks (https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/),  you'll find two entries for Scale in the "products": one for Private RFEs (same as previously), and one for Public RFEs. Simply choose the visibility you want. Internally, they all go into the same evaluation process.

A couple of notes:
- Even with a public request, certain fields are still private, including Company Name and Business Justification
- All existing requests remain Private. If you have one that you want flipped, please contact me off-list with the request number

regards,
Carl

Carl Zetie
Product Manager for Spectrum Scale, IBM

(540) 882 9353  ][  15750 Brookhill Ct, Waterford VA 20197
carlz at us.ibm.com<mailto:carlz at us.ibm.com>