[gpfsug-discuss] IO performance of replicated GPFS filesystem

Tomasz.Wolski at ts.fujitsu.com Tomasz.Wolski at ts.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 30 10:45:36 GMT 2015

Hi All,

I could use some help of the experts here :) Please correct me if I'm wrong: I suspect that GPFS filesystem READ performance is better when filesystem is replicated to i.e. two failure groups, where these failure groups are placed on separate RAID controllers. In this case WRITE performance should be worse, since the same data must go to two locations. What about situation where GPFS filesystem has two metadataOnly NSDs which are also replicated? Does metadata READ performance increase in this way as well (and WRITE decreases)?

Best regards,
Tomasz Wolski