[gpfsug-discuss] User group etiquette

GPFS UG Chair (Simon Thompson) chair at spectrumscale.org
Fri Nov 27 16:01:42 GMT 2015

Hi All,

I'd just like to remind all users of the user group that this group is
intended to be a technically focussed group and is not intended as a sales
lead opportunity.

In the past we've had good relationships with many vendors who have
engaged in technical discussion on the list and I'd like to see this
continue, just recently we've had some complaints that *several* vendors
have used the group as a way of trying to generate sales leads.

Please can I gently remind all members of the group that the user group is
a technical forum. If we continue to receive complaints that posts to the
mailing list are being used as sales leads then we'll start to ban
offenders from participating in the group.

I'm really sorry that we're having to do this, but strongly believe that
as a user community we should be focussed on the technical aspects of the
products in use.

Simon
(Chair)