[gpfsug-discuss] Experiences running GPFS 4.1 Advance Edition with Encryption

colin.morey at stfc.ac.uk colin.morey at stfc.ac.uk
Wed May 6 12:28:56 BST 2015

Hi All,
	We are in the process of investigating the encryption functionality built into the latest GPFS 4.1, and I’m looking for thoughts and experiences from anyone who has implemented, or tried to implement it before, especially if you’ve done it in an MPI environment. Success stories, or tales of woe, all gratefully received.

Happy to discuss on-list, or feel free to contact me directly.

Cheers,

Colin Morey,
High Performance Systems Group,
STFC Daresbury Laboratory,
Cheshire,
WA4 4AD
“An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very narrow field” - Niels Bohr, as quoted by Edward Teller in “Dr. Edward Teller’s Magnificent Obsession"