[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS file system won't mount automatically anymore.

Dan Foster Dan.Foster at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Mar 23 08:43:33 GMT 2015

Hi Richard,

On 20 March 2015 at 20:32, Richard Lefebvre
<richard.lefebvre at calculquebec.ca> wrote:
> One command I'm also looking for is a command to list which nsd server is
> used for a particular nsd. I have a redundant config for which 2 servers can
> access the same nsd. But I think that for some of them, the default server
> is not used and the load of the servers is not distributed as wanted.

Does the '-M' option to mmlsdisk provide the information you're
looking for? i.e. from the man page:

"""
Displays whether I/O requests to the disk are satisfied on the local
node, or using an NSD server. If the I/O is done using an NSD  server,
 shows  the  NSD server name and the underlying disk name on that
server node.
"""

It should display something similar to the following:

Disk name     IO performed on node     Device             Availability
------------  -----------------------  -----------------  ------------
nsd1          localhost                /dev/disk1       up
nsd2          node01.example.com       /dev/disk2       up
nsd3          localhost                /dev/disk3       up

HTH,
Dan.

>> Look in /var/adm/ras/mmfs.log.* -- on a node that should be mounting the
>> filesystem   -- find a file that covers the time when GPFS is starting up
>> and should be mounting the filesystem.
>>
>> Look for clues and/or error messages.   If you are not familiar, you may
>> also want to look at what messages are issued when everything is working
>> just right.

> --
> Richard Lefebvre, Sys-admin, CQ, (514)343-6111 x5313       "Don't Panic"
> Richard.Lefebvre at calculquebec.ca                              -- THGTTG
> Calcul Quebec (calculquebec.ca) ------ Calcul Canada (computecanada.ca)

Dan Foster | Senior Storage Systems Administrator | IT Services
e: dan.foster at bristol.ac.uk | t:  0117 3941170 [x41170]
m: Advanced Computing Research Centre, University of Bristol,
    8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HH