[gpfsug-discuss] Disabling individual Storage Pools by themselves? How about GPFS Native Raid?

Sven Oehme oehmes at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 19 15:49:32 BST 2015

GNR today is only sold as a packaged solution e.g. ESS.
The reason its not sold as SW only today is technical and its not true that this is not been pursued, its just not there yet and we cant discuss plans on a mailinglist.

Sven

Sent from IBM Verse

   Wahl, Edward --- Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Disabling individual Storage Pools by themselves? How about GPFS Native Raid? ---
    From:"Wahl, Edward" <ewahl at osc.edu>To:"gpfsug main discussion list" <gpfsug-discuss at gpfsug.org>Date:Fri, Jun 19, 2015 9:41 AMSubject:Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Disabling individual Storage Pools by themselves? How about GPFS Native Raid?

     They seem to have killed dead the idea of just moving the software side of that by itself, wayyy.... back now.   late 2013?/early 2014   Even though the components are fairly standard units(Engenio before, not sure now).

    Ironic as GPFS/Spectrum Scale is storage software...   Even more ironic for our site as we have the Controller based units these JBODs are from for our metadata and one of our many storage pools. (DDN on others)

    Ed