[gpfsug-discuss] 4.1.1 protocol support

Bob Oesterlin oester at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:03:02 BST 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT
Services) <S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk> wrote:

> I do note that it needs CCR enabled, which we currently don’t have. Now I
> think this was because we saw issues with mmsdrestore when adding a node
> that had been reinstalled back into the cluster. I need to check if that is
> still the case (we work on being able to pull clients, NSDs etc from the
> cluster and using xcat to reprovision and the a config tool to do the
> relevant bits to rejoin the cluster … makes it easier for us to stage
> kernel, GPFS, OFED updates as we just blat on a new image).

Yes, and this is why we couldn't use CCR - our compute nodes are netboot,
so they go thru a mmsdrrestore every time they reboot. Now, they have fixed
this in 4.1.1, which means if you can get (the cluster) to 4.1.1 and turn
on CCR, mmsdrrestore should work. Note to self: Test this out in your
sandbox cluster. :-)

Bob Oesterlin