[gpfsug-discuss] 4.1.1 immutable filesets

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Sun Jul 19 11:45:09 BST 2015

I was wondering if anyone had looked at the immutable fileset features in 4.1.1?

In particular I was looking at the iam compliant mode, but I've a couple of questions.
* if I have an iam compliant fileset, and it contains immutable files or directories, can I still unlink and delete the filset?
* will HSM work with immutable files? I.e. Can I migrate files to tape and restore them? The docs mention that extended attributes can be updated internally by dmapi, so I guess HSM might work?

Thanks
Simon