[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS Remote Cluster Co-existence with CTDB/NFS Re-exporting

Howard, Stewart Jameson sjhoward at iu.edu
Fri Dec 18 20:08:35 GMT 2015

Hi Hajo,

Specifically regarding this point...

"""

If remote clusters are even out of the management ability/responsiblity of the cluster admin, remote firewalls/network settings  can have seriously impact on the local cluster without the ability to fix the problem.

"""

...I was advised by IBM support (after the dust settled) that there is the `mmexpelnode` command, which will forcibly expel a node from the cluster.  This command accepts an option that will not allow the offending node to mount any disks or rejoin the cluster until it is cleared from an "expelled nodes" list.

The caveat here, mentioned in `man mmexpelnode`, is that moving the cluster manager node, either administratively or by failure, will cause the list of expelled nodes to get cleared, which in turn allows the offenders to rejoin, even if they haven't been fixed yet.

Hope that helps,

Stewart