[gpfsug-discuss] Restriping GPFS Metadata

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Dec 10 17:38:54 GMT 2015

Hi Marc,

Unfortunately, I find the first paragraph of your response … confusing.  :-O

I understand your 1st sentence … but isn’t one of the benefits of having only metadata disks in the system pool the ability to then have separate block sizes for your metadata and your data?  If so, isn’t the simplest way to do that to have metadataOnly and dataOnly disks?  I recognize that they may not be the *only* way to accomplish that…

Kevin