[gpfsug-discuss] fast ACL alter solution

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Tue Aug 11 23:27:13 BST 2015

On 11/08/15 23:11, Marc A Kaplan wrote:
> On Linux you are free to use setfacl and getfacl commands on GPFS files.
> Works for me.

Really, for NFSv4 ACL's? Given the RichACL kernel patches are only
carried by SuSE I somewhat doubt that you can.

     http://www.bestbits.at/richacl/

People what to set NFSv4 ACL's on GPFS because when used with vfs_gpfs
you can get Windows server/NTFS like rich permissions on your Windows
SMB clients. You don't get that with Posix ACL's.

Fife, United Kingdom.