[gpfsug-discuss] Independent fileset free inodes

Chad Kerner ckerner at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 7 17:41:14 BST 2015

You can use the mmlsfileset DEVICE -L option to see the maxinodes and allocated inodes.  I have a perl script that loops through all of our file systems every hour and scans for it.  If one is nearing capacity(tunable threshold in the code), it automatically expands it by a set amount(also tunable).  We add 10% currently.  This also works on file systems that have no filesets as it appears as the root fileset.

I can check with my boss to see if its ok to post it if you want it.  Its about 40 lines of perl.

Chad
--
Chad Kerner, Systems Engineer
Storage Enabling Technologies