[gpfsug-discuss] 4.1.1 immutable filesets

Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services) S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 5 20:23:45 BST 2015

Just picking this topic back up. Does anyone have any comments/thoughts on these questions?

Thanks

Simon
From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at gpfsug.org [gpfsug-discuss-bounces at gpfsug.org] on behalf of Luke Raimbach [Luke.Raimbach at crick.ac.uk]
Sent: 20 July 2015 08:02
To: gpfsug main discussion list
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] 4.1.1 immutable filesets

Can I add to this list of questions?

Apparently, one cannot set immutable, or append-only attributes on files / directories within an AFM cache. However, if I have an independent writer and set immutability at home, what does the AFM IW cache do about this? Or does this restriction just apply to entire filesets (which would make more sense)?

Cheers,
Luke.