[gpfsug-discuss] gpfs performance monitoring

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 3 21:55:14 BST 2014

The usual way to do that is to re-architect your filesystem so that the
system pool is metadata-only, and then you can just look at the storage
layer and see total metadata throughput that way.  Otherwise your
metadata ops are mixed in with your data ops.

Of course, both NSDs and clients also have metadata caches.

--
Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu 347-401-4860