[gpfsug-discuss] mapping <cXnY> to hostname?

Barry Evans bevans at pixitmedia.com
Fri Oct 31 17:32:45 GMT 2014

I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but old habits die hard. I
tend to use 'mmfsadm saferdump tscomm' - connection details should be
littered throughout.

Cheers,
Barry
ArcaStream/Pixit Media

mark.bergman at uphs.upenn.edu wrote:
> Many GPFS logs&  utilities refer to nodes via their<cXnY>  name.
>
> I haven't found an "mm*" executable that shows the mapping between that
> name an the hostname.
>
> Is there a simple method to map the<cXnY>  designation to the node's
> hostname?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

This email is confidential in that it is intended for the exclusive
attention of the addressee(s) indicated. If you are not the intended
recipient, this email should not be read or disclosed to any other person.
Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your
computer system. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the
company from which this email was sent and, whilst to the best of our
knowledge no viruses or defects exist, no responsibility can be accepted
for any loss or damage arising from its receipt or subsequent use of this
email.