[gpfsug-discuss] Quotas and non-existant users

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Thu Nov 27 10:02:03 GMT 2014

On Thu, 2014-11-27 at 09:47 +0000, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-11-26 at 10:14 +0000, Laurence Alexander Hurst wrote:
> > Hmm, mmrepquota is reporting no files owned by any of the users in
> > question.  I¹ll see if `find` disagrees.
> >   They have the default fileset
> > user quotas applied, so they¹re not users we¹ve edited to grant quota
> > extensions to.  We have had a problem (which IBM have acknowledged, iirc)
> > whereby it is not possible to reset a user¹s quota back to the default if
> > it has been modified, perhaps this is related?  I¹ll see if `find` turns
> > anything up or I¹ll raise a ticket with IBM and see what they think.
> >
> > I¹ve pulled out a single example, but all 75 users I have are the same.
> >
> > mmrepquota gpfs | grep 8695
> > 8695       nbu        USR               0          0 5368709120          0
> >     none |        0       0        0        0     none
> > 8695       bb         USR               0          0 1073741824          0
> >     none |        0       0        0        0     none
> >

> While the number of files and usage is zero look at those "in doubt"
> numbers.

Ignore that those are quota numbers. Hard when the column headings are
missing.

Anyway a "Homer Simpson" momentum coming up...

Simple answer really remove the quotas for those users in those file
sets (I am presuming they are per fileset user hard limits). They are
sticking around in mmrepquota because they have a hard limit set. D'oh!

Fife, United Kingdom.