[gpfsug-discuss] Quotas and non-existant users

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Tue Nov 25 14:00:29 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-25 at 10:45 +0000, Laurence Alexander Hurst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have noticed that once users are deleted (gone entirely from the
> passwd backend) and all their files removed, their uid is still
> reported by GPFS’ quota tools (albeit with zero files and space usage).

There is something somewhere that references them, because they do
disappear. I know because I cleared out a GPFS file system that had
files and directories used by "depreciated" user and group names, and
the check I was using to make sure I had got everything belonging to a
particular user or group was mmrepquota.

Fife, United Kingdom.