[gpfsug-discuss] maybe a silly question about "old school" gpfs

Salvatore Di Nardo sdinardo at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:33:57 GMT 2014

I understand that my test its a bit particular because the client was
also one of the servers.
Usually clients don't have direct access to the storages, but still it
made think, hot the things are supposed to work.

For example i did another test with 3 dd's, one each server. All the
servers was writing to all the luns.
In other words a lun was accessed in parallel by 3 servers.

Its that a problem, or gpfs manage properly the concurrency and avoid
data corruption?
I'm asking because i was not expecting a server to write to an NSD he
doesn't own, even if its locally available.
I thought that the general availablity was for failover, not for
parallel access.

Regards,
Salvatore