[gpfsug-discuss] Hi everybody

James Davis jamiedavis at us.ibm.com
Sat Nov 8 23:13:17 GMT 2014

Hey all,

My name is Jamie Davis and I work for IBM on the GPFS test team. I'm
interested in learning more about how customers use GPFS and what typical
questions and issues are like, and I thought joining this mailing list
would be a good start. If my presence seems inappropriate or makes anyone
uncomfortable I can leave the list.

---

I don't know how often GPFS users look in /usr/lpp/mmfs/samples...but while
I'm sending a mass email, I thought I'd take a moment to point anyone
running GPFS 4.1.0.4 to /usr/lpp/mmfs/samples/ilm/mmfind. mmfind is
basically a find-esque wrapper around mmapplypolicy that I wrote in
response to complaints I've heard about the learning curve associated with
writing policies for mmapplypolicy. Since it's in samples,
use-at-your-own-risk and I make no promise that everything works correctly.
The -skipPolicy and -saveTmpFiles flags will do everything but actually run
mmapplypolicy -- I suggest you double-check its work before you run it on a
production system.

Please send me any comments on it if you give it a try!

Jamie Davis
GPFS Test
IBM