[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS AFM experience

Andrew Dean adean at ocf.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 14:49:42 BST 2014

Hi Tom,

Absolutely AFM could be used in this manner.

A small GPFS instance on the local site would be used to cache the remote
filesystem in the off-site data centre.

There are sites already using AFM in this manner, it would also be
relatively straightforward to demonstrate AFM working by using a WAN
emulator to introduce latency/reduce bandwidth between Œcache' and
Œremote¹ GPFS Clusters if you wanted to carry out at a POC prior to the
move.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Andrew Dean
HPC Business Development Manager
OCF plc

Tel: 0114 257 2200
Mob: 07508 033894
Fax: 0114 257 0022
Web: www.ocf.co.uk <http://www.ocf.co.uk/>
Blog: http://blog.ocf.co.uk <http://blog.ocf.co.uk/>
Twitter: @ocfplc

OCF plc is a company registered in England and Wales.  Registered number
4132533, VAT number GB 780 6803 14. Registered office address: OCF plc, 5
Rotunda Business Centre, Thorncliffe Park, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PG.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately and remove it from your
system.