[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS and Lustre on same node

Salvatore Di Nardo sdinardo at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 10:57:44 BST 2014

Sorry for this little ot, but recetly i'm looking to Lustre to
understand how it is comparable to GPFS in terms of performance,
reliability and easy to use.
Could anyone share their experience ?

My company just recently got a first GPFS system , based on IBM GSS, but
while its good performance wise, there are few unresolved problems and
the IBM support is almost unexistent, so I'm starting to wonder if its
work to look somewhere else  eventual future purchases.

Salvatore