[gpfsug-discuss] question about why unix extensions = no is recommended when using samba + gpfs?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Wed Apr 2 23:08:40 BST 2014

On 02/04/14 22:42, Sabuj Pattanayek wrote:
> Yup, I had those settings set already, and neither save as or save worked.

You need to provide more information. Much more of your smb.conf, what
OS, Samba, and GPFS, along with your GPFS config.

Have you tested that the DOS attributes are correctly being stored in
the GPFS file system?

It explicitly does work. The issues are all around Office trying to
preserve ACL's which the vast majority of software does not.

Are you running with NFSv4 ACL's *ONLY* on GPFS? Using Posix or Posix
and NFSv4 together is likely to lead to problems.

Fife, United Kingdom.