[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS snapshot cron job

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Wed Feb 6 18:38:56 GMT 2013

I'm new on this list.  It looks like it can be useful for exchanging
GPFS experiences.

We have been running GPFS for a couple of years now on one cluster and
are in process of bringing it up on a couple of other clusters.

One thing we would like, but have not had time to do is automatic
snapshots similar to what NetApp does.  For our purposes a cron job
that ran every 4 hours that creates a new snapshot and removes older
snapshots would be sufficient.  The slightly hard task is correctly
removing the older snapshots.

Does anyone have such a cron script they can share?

Or did I miss something in GPFS that handles automatic snapshots?

Thanks,
Stuart Barkley
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone