[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS and both Samba and NFS

Orlando Richards orlando.richards at ed.ac.uk
Fri Dec 13 15:35:01 GMT 2013

On 13/12/13 15:31, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 15:15 +0000, Orlando Richards wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
>> Hi Lindsay,
>>
>> We rebuild ctdb from the (git) source (in the 1.2.40 branch currently),
>> after running into performance problems with the sernet bundled version
>> (1.0.114). It's easy to build:
>
> Interestingly the RHEL7 beta is shipping ctdb 2.1 in combination with
> Samba 4.1
>
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/beta/7/x86_64/os/Packages/
>
> JAB.

The samba team are currently working to bring ctdb into the main samba
source tree - so hopefully this will become a moot point soon!

    Dr Orlando Richards
   Information Services
IT Infrastructure Division
        Unix Section
     Tel: 0131 650 4994
   skype: orlando.richards

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.