[gpfsug-discuss] Test cluster - some questions

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Tue Apr 30 21:50:38 BST 2013

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 at 05:38 -0000, Pete Smith wrote:

> 1.  We're on centos6.4.x86_64. What's the easiest way to go from
> 3.3.blah to 3.5?

We are in transition to 3.5 on our original GPFS installation.  Two of
four servers are now at GPFS 3.4.XX/CentOS 6.4.  Two servers are still
at 3.3.YY/CentOS 5.4.  The compute nodes are all to 3.4.XX/CentOS 6.4.

The data center is remotely located and it is a pain to get physical
access.  Once we get the last two nodes upgraded, we expect to go to
GPFS 3.5 fairly quickly (we already have 3.5 running on a newer GPFS
installation).

My understanding is that you need to step through 3.4 during a
migration from 3.3 to 3.5.

Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone