[gpfsug-discuss] Use HSM to backup GPFS - error message: ANS9085E

Grace Tsai ghemingtsai at gmail.com
Sat May 26 01:10:04 BST 2012

Hi,

I have a GPFS system verson 3.4, which includes the following two GPFS file
systems with the directories:

/gpfs_directory1
/gpfs_directory2

I like to use HSM to backup these GPFS files to the tapes in our TSM server
(RHAT 6.2, TSM 6.3).
I run  HSM GUI on this GPFS server, the list of the file systems on this
GPFS server is as follows:

File System                  State        Size(KB)       Free(KB)   ...
------------------
/                         Not Manageable
/boot                  Not Manageable
/gpfs_directory1       Not Managed
/gpfs_directory2       Not Managed

I click "gpfs_directory1", and click "Manage"
=>
I got error:
"""
A conflicting Space Management process is already running in the
/gpfs_directory1 file system.
Please wait until the Space management process is ready and try again.
"""

The dsmerror.log  shows the message:
"ANS9085E hsmapi: file system /gpfs_directory1 is not managed by space
management"

Is there anything on GPFS or HSM or TSM server that I didnt configure
correctly?  Please help.  Thanks.

Grace