[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS cpoying huge batches of files from one stgpool to another- how do you do it?

Orlando Richards orlando.richards at ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 09:08:55 GMT 2012

We don't do this often, so when we do we tend to do a "noddy"
parallelisation of rsync - manually divvy the folders up and spawn
multiple threads.

We might have a requirement soon(ish) to do this on a much larger scale
though, with virtually no interruption to service - so I'm very keen to
see what how the AFM solution looks, since this should allow us to
present a continual and single view into the filesystem, whilst
migrating it all in the background to the new filesystem, with just a
brief wobble whilst we flip between the old and new views.