[gpfsug-discuss] Intro

Orlando Richards orlando.richards at ed.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 10:16:33 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I'm the systems manager for the University of Edinburgh's research
compute and data services. We use GPFS for two primary purposes:
  1. HPC storage (offering high performance GPFS to our HPC cluster
worker nodes)
  2. General purpose (unstructured) large scale storage services
(offering CIFS, NFS and SSHFS directly to our end users)

Our services are used across the University, and so we have a very broad
range of users and use cases.

We've been using GPFS since 2007, and have picked up plenty of war
stories and success stories along the way!

--
Orlando.

    Dr Orlando Richards
   Information Services
IT Infrastructure Division
        Unix Section
     Tel: 0131 650 4994

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.