[gpfsug-discuss] Agenda for September meeting

Claire Robson crobson at ocf.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 15:29:55 BST 2012

Dear All,

The time is nearly here for our next group meeting. We have organised another fantastic day of speakers for you and really hope you continue to support as well as you have done previously. Please see below the agenda for the next user group meeting:

10:30   Arrivals and refreshments
11:00   Introductions and committee updates
Jez Tucker, Group Chair & Claire Robson, Group Secretary
11:05   pNFS and GPFS
Dean Hildebrand, Research Staff Member - Storage Systems
IBM Almaden Research Center
12:30   Lunch (Buffet provided)
13:30   SAN Volume Controller/V7000, Easy Tier and Real Time Compression
14:30   WOS: Web Object Scalar
Vic Cornell, DDN
14:50   GPFS Metadata + SSDs
Andrew Dean, OCF
15:20   User experience of GPFS
15:50   Stupid GPFS Tricks 2012
16:00   Group discussion: Challenges, experiences and questions
Led by Jez Tucker, Group Chairperson
16:20   Close

The meeting will take place on 20th September at Bishopswood Golf Club, Bishopswood, Bishopswood Lane, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 4AT.
Please register with me if you will be attending the day no later than 6th September. Places are limited and available on a first come first served basis.

I look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible!

Best wishes

Claire Robson
GPFS User Group Secretary

Tel: 0114 257 2200
Mob: 07508 033896

OCF plc is a company registered in England and Wales.  Registered number 4132533, VAT number GB 780 6803 14. Registered office address: OCF plc, 5 Rotunda Business Centre, Thorncliffe Park, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PG

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and remove it from your system.