[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS 3.5 Announcement

Scott Fadden sfadden at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 12 17:29:39 BST 2012

There are a number of small file performance improvements around memory
utilization of small file IO, updated algorithms for prefetching, inode
cache management and logging.

"Each fileset owner now has the ability to control quotas for users
and groups of their fileset."

This just means that each fileset can be managed independently. There is
no new "owner" context in GPFS 3.5.

Scott Fadden