[gpfsug-discuss] RDMA question

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Wed Jan 17 16:13:30 GMT 2024

On Jan 17, 2024, at 10:21, Ward Poelmans <ward.poelmans at vub.be> wrote:

On 17/01/2024 16:11, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
We have a various points ran into nodes not using RDMA, just because of a
 minor misconfiguration, and suddenly hundreds of megabytes a second of
storage traffic we’re going over a net network designed for
administration.

You can use verbsRdmaFailBackTCPIfNotAvailable=no for that. If RDMA is not working on a node configured for it, GPFS will refuse to start.

Thank you — that’s a neat trick. Newer than our original install (5.0.4) and I didn’t catch it.

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
||_// the State  |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ  | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB A555B, Newark
     `'