[gpfsug-discuss] storage-scale-object

Stephan Graf st.graf at fz-juelich.de
Wed Feb 28 17:02:14 GMT 2024

Hi Christoph,

we are running CES-Object in production and are facing the same issue
that this solution is deprecated. Our security division sending us scan
reports that the server are running an python version which is not in
support any more (and we should upgrade).
So we are looking for another solution which looks to be minIO (on top
of a scale file system).

Stephan

On 2/28/24 17:37, Grunenberg, Renar wrote:
> Hallo Daniel, Christoph,
> currently IBM make a not good job on that, but it's light on that topic.
> Currently you can use Swift/s3 on 5.1.9.1 with a backlevel scale (swift) version. But i don't recommend this.
> Since 5.1.3.1 you can use IBM Spectrum Scale DAS S3 -Service (containerized s3 endpoints on noobaa-based operator called Openshift Data Foundation)
> But this will be after 5.1.9.1 DAS also deprecated. (We use this Version today).
> In The Upcoming Scale Release there will be a CES-S3 (Baremetal) Version of these s3-Endpoints. And this is promissing already for us.
>

> Renar Grunenberg
> Abteilung Informatik - Betrieb
>
> HUK-COBURG
> Bahnhofsplatz
> 96444 Coburg
> Telefon:  09561 96-44110
> Telefax:  09561 96-44104
> E-Mail:   Renar.Grunenberg at huk-coburg.de
> Internet: www.huk.de
> HUK-COBURG Haftpflicht-Unterstützungs-Kasse kraftfahrender Beamter Deutschlands a. G. in Coburg
> Reg.-Gericht Coburg HRB 100; St.-Nr. 9212/101/00021
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bahnhofsplatz, 96444 Coburg
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Heinrich R. Schradin.
> Vorstand: Klaus-Jürgen Heitmann (Sprecher), Stefan Gronbach, Dr. Hans Olav Herøy, Dr. Helen Reck, Dr. Jörg Rheinländer, Thomas Sehn, Daniel Thomas.
> Diese Nachricht enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen.
> Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben,
> informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Nachricht.
> Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Nachricht ist nicht gestattet.
>
> This information may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this information in error) please notify the
> sender immediately and destroy this information.
> Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this information is strictly forbidden.

Stephan Graf
HPC, Cloud and Data Systems and Services
Juelich Supercomputing Centre

Phone:  +49-2461-61-6578
Fax:    +49-2461-61-6656
E-mail: st.graf at fz-juelich.de
WWW:    http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Stefan M?ller
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht (Vorsitzende),
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Ir. Peter Jansens