[gpfsug-discuss] [External] GUI followup

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 13:35:43 GMT 2024

On 30/01/2024 18:06, Nicolas CALIMET wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try the following command on the Confluent management server:
>
> osdeploy initialize -l
>
> The last option is dash-lowercase-L.
> See meaning of the multiple initialize options with "osdeploy initialize -h".

Getting back to it, as it was an xcat 4.4a deployment that was not an
option. However making it so that the two GUI nodes could SSH
passwordlessly back into the xcat server fixed the problem. This
requirement would appear to be undocumented as far as I can tell.

However the next road block is when trying to setup the GUI server, I get

   Discovery of servers and storage enclosures failed. Run
   mmdiscovercomp -N GUI_RG_SERVERS command in the CLI to see the
   problem.

Running that in the command line, I can see it identifying the servers
and enclosures but then I get this

   Identifying component groups ...

   ERROR: local variable 'enc_class' referenced before assignment

Oh boy, this GUI thing seems as robust as a piece of wet toilet paper.

Could this be related to the fact the two DSS-G servers are called
gpfs[1,2]? This created lots of problems when setting the system up in
the past with scripts bombing out to the point where I had to create the
file system by hand.