[gpfsug-discuss] upgrading cluster with toolkit: precheck fails with "'scale_nfs_url' is undefined"

Paul Musset paul.musset at brain.mpg.de
Tue Apr 16 09:35:44 BST 2024

Hello,

so the problem comes indeed from the fact I am not using CentOS or rhel

The list of rhel distribution supportedby the tool is in the
`scale_rhel_distribution` list in
`/usr/lpp/mmfs/5.1.9.2/ansible-toolkit/ansible/ibm-spectrum-scale-install-infra/roles/core_common/vars/main.yml`
and
`/usr/lpp/mmfs/5.1.9.2/ansible-toolkit/ansible/ibm-spectrum-scale-install-infra/roles/core_upgrade/vars/main.yml`
or
`/usr/lpp/mmfs/5.1.9.2/ansible-toolkit/ansible/ibm-spectrum-scale-install-infra/roles/core_install/vars/main.yml`
depending if you upgradingare installing  your cluster

You first have to find under which name ansible recognise your OS with:
# ansible localhost -m'ansible.builtin.setup' | grep
\"ansible_distribution\":
        "ansible_distribution": "Scientific",

Then you add it to the files described above.

scale_rhel_distribution:
  - RedHat
  - CentOS
  - Scientific

After that I managed to upgrade

I suppose it works also for other centos/rhel alternative like rocky and
alma

Best
Paul