[gpfsug-discuss] accessing REST API endpoint details

Kidger, Daniel daniel.kidger at hpe.com
Fri Apr 12 09:50:36 BST 2024

Imran,

Perhaps the confusion is between the GUI itself and the Gui server?
The RestAPI can be fully accessed from the command line of any machine that can reach the URL of the GUI server.
I do this regularly using small Python scripts.

ie The GUI server provides *both*   the web based GUI and the RestAPI

What the link you posted below (using Swagger) does is provide a way to explore and learn the RestAPI from completely inside a web browser.
Definitely recommended as a teaching aid until you feel comfortable just using say ‘curl’ from the Linux command line or a short piece of Python.

To use the RestAPI, you will need the GUI server process to be running. Also remember it uses the same username/passwords for accessing both. You can create these using /usr/lpp/mmfs/gui/cli/mkuser  I strongly recommend creating a user that only has monitoring permissions for use with the RestAPI. That way you are guaranteed not to break anything from a RestAPI call.

Daniel

Daniel Kidger
HPC Storage Solutions Architect, EMEA
daniel.kidger at hpe.com<mailto:daniel.kidger at hpe.com>