[gpfsug-discuss] Question regarding quorum nodes

Ott Oopkaup ott.oopkaup at ut.ee
Thu Sep 7 14:51:35 BST 2023

Hi
Do you have quorum loss already, or just trying to remove a node that is
currently offline. Over the years I have had little to no problems
removing quorum from a defunct node. Just make sure mmgetstate for the
node is down and it should be fine to remove, since it's already out of
the cluster.
Just make sure you don't induce quorum loss with the moves. I'd probably
add the node first after making sure the defunct node is completely down.

Best

Ott Oopkaup
University of Tartu, High Performance Computing Centre