[gpfsug-discuss] RKM resilience questions testing and best practice

Alec anacreo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 22:22:55 BST 2023

Ed
  Thanks for the response, I wasn't aware of those two commands.  I will
see if that unlocks a solution. I kind of need the test to work in a
production environment.   So can't just be adding spare nodes onto the
cluster and forgetting with file systems.

Unfortunately the logs don't indicate when a node has returned to health.
Only that it's in trouble but as we patch often we see these regularly.

For the second question, we would add a 2nd MEK key to each file so that
two independent keys from two different RKM pools would be able to unlock
any file.  This would give us two whole independent paths to encrypt and
decrypt a file.

So I'm looking for a best practice example from IBM to indicate this so we
don't have a dependency on a single RKM environment.

Alec