[gpfsug-discuss] Different versions of Spectrum Scale on one cluster

Oleg Sirakov osirakov at serestherapeutics.com
Fri Nov 11 20:12:37 GMT 2022

Hello All,

Due to unexpected update of Spectrum Scale on the storage nodes by a support provider to version 5.1.2-7, we ended up with a cluster with different versions of Spectrum Scale.

The rest of the cluster is running Spectrum Scale 5.0.5-2. We have the Standard Edition.

I know it’s generally not a good idea to have different versions on one cluster, but are you aware of specific issues I should look at until this is resolved?

If you can point me to a source I can look for compatibility of versions, this will be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Oleg