[gpfsug-discuss] Issues getting SMB shares working.

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Wed Mar 1 20:21:03 GMT 2017

This looks to me like a quite plain SYS authorized NFS, maybe also verify
that the individual NFS shares has sec=sys with "mmnfs export list -n
/absl/SCRATCH".

If you check "man mmuserauth" there are quite clear examples for how to
connect it to AD populated with unix id and gid. I don't think this will
affect your NFS service, since there doesn't seem to be any kerberos
involved.

But, please beware that mmuserauth will overwrite any customized sssd.conf,
krb5.conf, winbind, etc.. As it configures the authentication for the whole
host, not just samba/nfs-services.

-jf