All the talks from the SC15 User Group meeting in Austin, TX are now online. Download them from the Presentations page.
The Spectrum Scale user group will be meeting at Computing Insight UK (formerly MEW) in December 2015 at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry. The agenda is now available:
- 10:00 Welcome & Introductions (Simon Thompson, GPFS UG Chair & Claire O’Toole, GPFS UG Secretary
- 10:05 – Introducing Spectrum Scale 4.2 (Patrick Byrne, Cameron McAllister & Sarfraz Nadeem, IBM UK labs)
- GUI demo
- New features – compression and QoS
- Where we are heading next with 4.2.1 onwards … problem determination focus
- 11:00 – How to ruin a perfectly good GPFS file system (Vic Cornell, DDN)
- 11:20 – The Unique Technical Benefits of an Engineered Solution for GPFS (Chris Weeden, Seagate)
- 11:40 – Networking, Discussion & Feedback
- 12:00 – Finish
Please note you must be registered for CIUK to attend this meeting.
We are happy to announce the 2015 GPFS User Group Meeting will be on Wednesday 20th May.
This year we are aligned with SPXXL to enable many of our common members to attend both events easily. Our thanks go to the SPXXL board and IBM GPFS Team who have helped make this happen.
To attend please email Claire Robson, GPFS UG Secretary by 1st May.
Please include your name, job title, organisation, telephone and any dietary requirements so we can register your place.
Places are limited and are stricly first come first served.
The event agenda will follow shortly.
York Racecourse Hospitality York Racecourse York YO23 1EX United Kingdom
See you there.
Our first Meet the GPFS Developers ‘coffee shop’ meet is in a few weeks.
This is an opportunity to see what the developers are working on and to chat directly with them in a small intimate group. 11 places are available.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Date: 18th February 2015
Time: 11:00 – 14:00
Location: IBM Southbank, London, SE1 9PZ
To attend, please register your interest to the GPFS UG Secretary
Full directions to Southbank will be sent to confirmed attendees.